Saturday, March 8, 2014

Profesor de Protesis

I've been trying to figure out why this feels like SO much work. The obvious reasons were always apparent.... I speak a different language.... we have minimal access to helpful prosthetics technology.... I have a time limit... But not until this week did it don on me; I'm teaching two professions at once! Clinical Prosthetist and Prosthetic Technician.  Our new employee Sergio is an educated Fisioterapueta (Physiotherapist), but does not have a speck of prosthetic training. With the situation here, it is necessary for the Prosthetists to demonstrate clinical judgement and too be fully apt in the art of fabrication. This adds up to ALOT of things to learn.

Amongst the daily hands-on training I give, I've also spent many many hours [probably equal to the amount of hrs I give to Bike Polo when I'm back in Canada :( Mosquito Bike Polo ] developing my version of the Coles Notes curriculum for prosthetics.

One of my old carpentry employers used to call these types of notes chicken scratchings


This has resulted in 13 PowerPoints which are being translated into Spanish.

This is an example of one of the PPT slides in Spanish
This week I start to teach them. Esto va a ser muy interesante!


No comments:

Post a Comment